Comments

To comment E-mail us at thegeorgetalk@gmail.com Thanks!
check out our neat surveys and become a follower (below, right)

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Football is back

Ok sorry it's taken so long, I have had a really busy last few months dealing with a puppy and such so enough about me.  I'd like to start off by thanking my friends (or brother) Al, Chris and Matt for convincing me to writing again and my mom for always pushing me too write.  Anyway School and Football are back so Today headlines flying.  The patriots traded away 6 time pro bowler, Logan Mankins, for a 4th Rd. pick and Tim Wright.  What do I think off this?  Well considering the patriots had Marcus cannon, a top 20 Guard talent, sitting on there bench and 13 million a year invested in Mankins I think its a great deal.  Sell high.  Mankins had negative value 20 months ago due to age (he's 32 now)  contract and injury so trading him while he is healthy is a great move and getting ride of an awful contract will allow the pats to sign a game-breaking talent in the off-season, maybe Dez Bryant?   Meanwhile Tim Wright is a talented 2nd year TE who came on strong late with the Buccs last year.  The patriots also acquired a 4th rd. pick.   This move is solid and gives the pats a solid TE2.